Stay Cool This Summer...
The temps are heating up for us here in Texas and for many of your around the country. Here are a few ideas to stay cool during these hot summer days...
- Enjoy some frozen beverages...maybe a slushy or frozen margarita?
- Make some homemade healthy popsicles with fresh fruit and juices.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated...at least 8 glasses a day is recommended.
- Take a cool shower to cool down after a long, hot day. You can also dip your feet into a bathtub or bucket of ice-cold water. This will cool your entire body down.
- Keep the lights turned off at home. Even the environmentally-friendly light bulbs still give off heat.
- Wear lightweight, cotton clothing.
- Choose cotton linens for your bed during the summer months.
- Wear breathable, leather shoes or sandals. Many shoes have synthetic uppers and linings that don't allow the foot to breath and harbor bacteria.
- Head to the pool and take a dip!